[meteorite-list] Re Firstone: Anything but impact, eh?

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:24:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi all -

If one examines the C14 adjustment chart in the pdf,
one notices the nice adjustment at 10,900 BCE.

While I assembled some of the peoples' traditions
which described COMET IMPACT and generally have been
dumped on by many for suggesting that the peoples
remembered what happened to them, Kenneth's recovery
of impactites is pretty much is undeniable. Trying to
remember through the haze here, but did Kenneth not
also demonstrate comet related 3He samples?

Given the C14 adjuctment at 10,900, is it possible
that hyper-velocity impacts free binding forces, and
that neutrons are released?

Next question down this chain. If this is so, might
such a process affect the results of some the standard
tools used in examining meteoritic samples?

Perhaps data from Barringer could throw more light on
the reentry of iron spherules from an iron ground
impact. I seem to remember frei-punkt, a maximum speed
for air entry.

That's my guess at what is being looked at, nothing
more exotic than that. Where did these peppered tusks
come from?

PS - there was another major impact around 8,350 BCE
which ended the paleo period.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas