[meteorite-list] A new market and its apocalyptic pilot

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 09:10:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Thaddeus

> After all, multiple impacts may have occurred.

Jesus, do you even bother to read my replies? It seems
likely to me that there were multiple impacts - which
ultimately will mean more samples to be sold.

> If only you could refrain from your smug,
> condescending assessments and understand that we
> don't assume we are right in science.

My hypothesis is that some people just want to pick a
fight. The data seems to prove this to be a good
working hypothesis.

Thaddeus, It would help if you bothered to read my
book before writing: please keep in mind that a good
number of the top dealers and experts here on the list
acquired copies of "Man and Impact in the Americas" in
Tucson or when it first came out, and that some of
them have even been able to wade through its pages and
pages of tiny type, despite its focus on impacts
instead of meteorites.

> Read "INITIAL HUMAN COLONIZATION OF THE AMERICAS: AN
> OVERVIEW OF THE ISSUES AND THE EVIDENCE" by Fiedel
in PDF format:

http://radiocarbon.library.arizona.edu/radiocarbon/GetFileServlet?file=file:///data1/pdf/Radiocarbon/Volume44/Number2/azu_radiocarbon_v44_n2_407_436_v.pdf&type=application/pdf

Thanks, sounds like a good read.

There is no need to guess about the who and when of
the migrations to the Americas. The mitochondrial DNA
evidence is set out on page 35 of Man and Impact in
the Americas. In the next edition, I hope to have
additions for Savannah River DNA (Ocanachee, Yuchi);
certainly the material evidence for their crossing
will be set out in it. If the second edition is in
color, perhaps I'll even be able to include a copy of
the Cambridge world map of mitochodrial DNA
haplogroups.

> CLOVIS ASSEMBLAGES DID NOT COMPLETELY DIE OUT.

WHY ARE YOU SCREAMING?
Read my previous note at:

http://abob.libs.uga.edu/bobk/ccc/ce010702.html
in particular the section entitled:
A DISCONTINUOUS DEVELOPMENT?

I can't comment on your transitions in western
lithics, not having examined them in detail. What can
be stated with certainty is that the mitochondrial DNA
evidence demonstrates beyond doubt that there were
many survivors of the holocene start impacts. How they
managed to do that is going to make a good story -
parts of it are already given in their own words in
"Man and Impact in the Americas (pages 39-44).

On my most recent trip west, I spent what time and
money I had visiting the observatories at Wupatki and
Casa Grande and meeting with some people.

> "Giant" and "tall" are two different words.

If you want to know about the "Adena", before you
write on them, read Man and Impact in the Americas,
pages 64 et seq., in particular pages 206-207.

E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas
a great book - "Geopoetry" rages Paul