[meteorite-list] Help! Need Wholesale Moldavite Source

From: Ed Deckert <edeckert_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:28:48 -0400

Hello list,

Some of you may recall that I am selling meteorites and tektites to raise
money for building an observatory at the Natural Science Center of
Greensboro, in Greensboro, NC. Things are going well for me. Several list
members have been very kind in helping me obtain a variety of specimens to
sell at the various events where I am able to participate. I cannot thank
those people enough!

I have a nice, but small assortment of meteorites for sale, and I am in the
process of replenishing some of my inventory. Due to the fundraising nature
of my work, table space at selling events has been provided to me for free
(so far) which helps tremendously with expenses. I am donating 100% of the
proceeds when selling an item.

But once again, I need some help. I have had several people inquire whether
or not I had any Moldavite to sell. Alas, I had none. I am not wanting to
purchase huge quantities, but rather, just a few nice pieces (12 pieces or
less, in the 5 to 15 gram weight range each) to make available for sale.

But here is my BIG problem. I would really like to get pieces that display
the nice uneven Moldavite surface (that "sculptured" look) plus have nice
translucency, --- all at a wholesale price. Of course, this idea may
ultimately prove too expensive for my "budget," I may have to simply forget
about Moldavite.

Could someone on the list either point me in the right direction to a
reputable wholesale seller, or if you sell Moldavite, smile on me and my
cause and offer to sell me some Moldavite at cost?

Of course, any "donations" will gladly be accepted <REALLY BIG GRIN>

If you can help, please contact me off-list.

Many thanks to all of you!!!!!

Ed Deckert