[meteorite-list] AD: Ebay Auctions

From: Maria Haas <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 19:29:35 -0700

Hello List,

Some of Walter's auctions are ending soon. While I don't want him to have to
sell any of his precious collection, you're missing out on an opportunity to
acquire the best of the best! They are all excellent specimens and are
definitely worth a look.

METEORITES:
Beautiful 42.6 gram slice of Rountop (b), a meteorite which was found in
Fayette Co., Texas in 1939. The famous meteorite collector O. E. Moning
first acquired this stone.
http://tinyurl.com/yo82q9

Beautiful 153 etched and polished MUSEUM QUALITY slice of Henbury
http://tinyurl.com/yrzgjl

Beautiful 270 etched and polished MUSEUM QUALITY slice of Gibeon
http://tinyurl.com/294v3l

Superb 146 gram 90% crusted Gao individual
http://tinyurl.com/ystk6z

Large 272 gram chunk of NWA 2965, a rare EL3 class meteorite
http://tinyurl.com/2fdxeq

Beautiful 195 gram polished endpiece of Ghubara
http://tinyurl.com/2gnppb

BOOKS:
Find a Falling Star by Harvey H. Nininger
http://tinyurl.com/yp3bjb

Unread copy of Richard Norton's Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites
http://tinyurl.com/25nsvd

Unread copy of Richard Norton's Rocks From Space
http://tinyurl.com/yw3ybm

Unread copy of William Cassidy's Meteorites, Ice and Antartica
http://tinyurl.com/2yvsnh

Great copy of Roy A. Gallant's Meteorite Hunter: The Search for Siberian
Meteorite Craters.
http://tinyurl.com/299rrs

Used paperback book of The Fire Came By, by John Baxter and Thomas Atkins
http://tinyurl.com/yu89k2

All of his auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbranchmeteorites

Anyone else out there whose heart is wrenching that Walter has been forced
to sell any part of his museum-quality collection?

Donations toward helping Walter keep some of his meteorites (and help pay
medical bills!) are being accepted via Paypal to my account at
RockGirlsRock at msn.com. Snail-mail donations to 410 Spring Street, Saline, MI
48176 will work too. I'll get the funds to him ASAP. I have already received
$110 today so feel free to join in!

Thank you,
Maria