[meteorite-list] Any one find any "Space Pearls"? Observations wanted. Micrographs to send!

From: wahlperry at aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 07:44:25 -0400

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the great pictures!

Sonny

-----Original Message-----
From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com
To: meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Sent: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 7:53 AM
Subject: [meteorite-list] Any one find any "Space Pearls"? Observations
wanted. Micrographs to send!

Hi List. I have started to call them "Space Pearls" You have to open
a lot
of meteorites to find them.

What I am talking about is a unique crystal structure in a small round
chondrule/inclusion. These objects stand out from the matrix as very
different

and I have found them in very different meteorite material. The first
one I
found was in a slice of JaH 055, a photo of that one was published in
Meteorite

Magazine. Since then I have only found partial or not completely
developed
(apparently) examples. Yesterday I found an other one. These are not
common.
  I have cut, polished and examined hundreds of meteorites and I am
only up
to 2 good examples.

Perhaps some others have come on to these objects as well? Always
much
smaller than a chondrule. Hardly visible with out magnification and
no
features
can be seen so spotting them would require microscope viewing.

Please email me and I will send an email with embedded micrographs
(nothing
to download separately). I am eager to hear observations of what
these are
and if you have noticed them before.

Thanks, Tom Phillips