[meteorite-list] Any one find any "Space Pearls"? Observations wanted. Micrographs to send!

From: STARSANDSCOPES at aol.com <STARSANDSCOPES_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:53:50 EDT

Hi List. I have started to call them "Space Pearls" You have to open a lot
of meteorites to find them.

What I am talking about is a unique crystal structure in a small round
chondrule/inclusion. These objects stand out from the matrix as very different
and I have found them in very different meteorite material. The first one I
found was in a slice of JaH 055, a photo of that one was published in Meteorite
Magazine. Since then I have only found partial or not completely developed
(apparently) examples. Yesterday I found an other one. These are not common.
 I have cut, polished and examined hundreds of meteorites and I am only up
to 2 good examples.

Perhaps some others have come on to these objects as well? Always much
smaller than a chondrule. Hardly visible with out magnification and no features
can be seen so spotting them would require microscope viewing.

Please email me and I will send an email with embedded micrographs (nothing
to download separately). I am eager to hear observations of what these are
and if you have noticed them before.

Thanks, Tom Phillips