[meteorite-list] This is the funniest meteorite dealer I've seen?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:48:34 -0700 (PDT)

Websites such as this one would be amusing if it were
truly done as a lark or as a parody, but when those
webmasters actively and repeatedly hassle researchers,
then we have a problem that needs to be addressed.

There are a number of us on this List that communicate
with researchers and other professionals by email on a
regular basis regarding REAL meteorites.
Increasingly, the replies to our messages are taking
longer and longer (if we get a reply at all) BUT this
is understandable because we realize that the workload
and the demands on these meteoriticists are great and
continually increasing. On the other hand, if these
replies are being delayed because the researchers
workload includes having to deal with these ?[DELETED
for legal reasons]?, then we have a legitimate
concern. Then websites such as this one quickly turns
our amusement into resentment.

The best use of this List?s bandwidth would be simply
a notice to the meteorite community, such as this:

Do not respond, but forward
to your immediate supervisor or legal department,
should you receive an unsolicited email or
correspondence from:

[DELETED for legal reasons]
<http://home.earthlink.net/~ebaywrong/auction/minor.html>

P.S ? a big thanks to Ken Newton and Randy Korotev for
doing their part.