[meteorite-list] Possible topic - magnetic rake

From: Don Murray <don_murray52_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 18:32:32 -0700 (PDT)

Michael Murray <mmurray at montrose.net> wrote:
   As I drag it through gravels, if there is anything magnetic, it will work its way up on top of the magnet.

Steve Dunklee <sdunklee72520 at yahoo.com> wrote:
   I use google earth to find spots near my home where the color of the ground shows a round patch of a different color than the surrounding earth. and search them. and near them.

  Michael, when you say gravel are you refering to a gravel road? What part of the country do you live in? I live in eastern Kansas, just several miles from the Missouri border. There are plenty of gravel roads around here.

  Steve, what part of the country do you live in. Do you think your method of identifying hunting locations would work here in eastern Kansas?

  Thanks,
  Don Murray

Looking for earth-friendly autos?