[meteorite-list] AD - kaynwar ebay auctions ending in 1 day!

From: Fred Caillou Noir <fred_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 29 04:44:02 2006

Dear Listees,

Kayunwar's auctions are about to end in a bit more than one day on ebay and some of them are still at $0.99; good deals are to be made, so jump on your mouse and have a look at the listing of 24 auctions at:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ50QQsassZkayunwar

Here are the meteorites still at $0.99:
- DaG 946 - LL4 - 1.7g partslice (very low TKW: 54.03g):
very few will be available to collectors...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Meteorite-DaG-946-LL4-1-7g-partslice_W0QQitemZ130030374407QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
- DaG 948 - L6 - 16.7g 1/2 endcut (2 more pieces ONLY will be available later):
http://cgi.ebay.com/Meteorite-DaG-948-L6-16-7g-half-endcut_W0QQitemZ130030374484QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
- HaH 299 - H6 - 27.6g slice:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Meteorite-HaH-299-H6-27-7g-slice_W0QQitemZ130030374604QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
- Taza (NWA 859) - 1.3g ORIENTED individual: tiny but great!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Meteorite-TAZA-NWA-859-1-3g-ORIENTED-individual_W0QQitemZ130030374808QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those auctions also include as usual a number of nice ordinary chondrites for which we indicate their magnetic susceptibility (LogX) that has been measured by Pierre Rochette with SM30 device. LogX gives a good idea of the type of OC that we may have and you can have a look at our web page that provides a diagram on which you can evaluate the kind of meteorite according to its LogX and compare to the values for terrestrial rocks:
http://www.caillou-noir.com/magnetic-susceptibility_SM30.htm

Some of the OCs that are on ebay at the moment are nicely fusion crusted and I will mention some of them:
- OC #3115a (112g):
http://cgi.ebay.com/CRUSTED-Saharan-Meteorite-112g-3115a_W0QQitemZ130030373661QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
- OC #3106 (166g):
http://cgi.ebay.com/CRUSTED-Saharan-Meteorite-166g-3106_W0QQitemZ130030373979QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
OC #3362 (207g):
http://cgi.ebay.com/CRUSTED-Saharan-Meteorite-207g-3362_W0QQitemZ130030374303QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
There is also a beautiful TITOLAR crusted individual of 26.42g:
http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPLETE-CRUSTED-Meteorite-TITOLAR-26-42g_W0QQitemZ130030373422QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last but not the least, I will finally mention some exceptional ones such as:
- DaG 949 - L6 - 12.85g slice with a 7MM THICK FUSION CRUST!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Meteorite-DaG-949-L6-12-85g-slice-7mm-thick-crust_W0QQitemZ130030374586QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
- Sahara 02503 (Tioulaoualene) - CV3 - 4.2g partslice with BIG CAIs!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Meteorite-SAH-02503-Tioulaoualene-CV3-4-2g-partslice_W0QQitemZ130030374719QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
- Sahara 02501 - EUCRITE - 3.2g partslice (unusual blue color!):
http://cgi.ebay.com/Meteorite-SAH-02501-EUCRITE-3-2g-partslice_W0QQitemZ130030374692QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
- A gorgeous 260.8g SIKHOTE ALIN shrapnel:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Meteorite-SIKHOTE-ALIN-260-8g-shrapnel_W0QQitemZ130030374746QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
- OC #3363 (1164g), rare to get such nice individuals...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Saharan-Meteorite-1124g-3363-rests-fusion-crust_W0QQitemZ130030375091QQihZ003QQcategoryZ3239QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And some more... Vaca Muerta, Zag, another Taza...

Many thanks for watching and all the best of luck to bidders!
Kind regards

Frederic - kayunwar