[meteorite-list] Encyclopedia of Meteorites

From: Pelé Pierre-Marie <pierremariepele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 23 05:56:04 2006

Hello List,

you're right Ken, your website is free and has no
registration. You spent thousands of hours on it and
you did a fantastic job. Your new classification pages
are great and I recommend it to all List members.

Now to compare ARN website with my website :
- ARN website has no pictures. I have over 6,000
pictures, several videos and sounds, PDF files...
- ARN A to Z has less information than my database
- ARN website is free but is also a sales website
(mine is not, I don't make any advertising about my
own sales website)
- ARN website has no search engine. Mine is a really
powerful search engine (you can for example search
french meteorite falls, L6, fallen between january
1900 and october 2002, with multiple pieces...)
- ARN website doesn't allow people managing their
collection (that's the main reason why I ask
registration)
- ARN website doesn't provide the most updated
information (I have a file for Moss, and for new
indian falls). I work with the Meteoritical Society to
provide the best information and even speak about
pseudometeorites.

My 2 cents

Pierre-Marie PELE