Fw: [meteorite-list] Illinois meteorites? anyonehave any, I need photos.

From: Joe <kerchner420_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Sep 13 17:03:56 2006

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Wyousmc495_at_cs.com
To: kerchner420_at_yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 7:30:55 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Illinois meteorites? anyonehave any, I need photos.

Joe,

 Have you checked with the Chicago? Their meteorite catalog is located on line as a pdf.

 http://www.fieldmuseum.org/

 http://www.fieldmuseum.org/research_collections/geology/meteor_col.pdf

 http://www.fieldmuseum.org/research_collections/geology/phy_res.htm

 Have you checked with the University of Illinois? Think they have a small collection (perhaps in a geology museum).

 Not sure if a catalog was ever published by the Illinois Geological Survey, but you may wish to call, email, or write them.

 Best regards,
 Howard

 PS If you want, could you post this to the meteorite list. I have access from school but not home.