[meteorite-list] New Rare EL 3 Paleo Meteorite NWA 2828

From: wahlperry_at_aol.com <wahlperry_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 9 16:05:12 2006

Hi Greg,

I just polished a window in the NWA 2828. It does show some nice
chondrules of various sizes. It would be hard to tell in the field that
this was even a meteorite. I took my field magnet and tested the
meteorite and nothing. I also looked for signs of visible fusion crust
or regmaglypts. The only indicator that this might be a meteorite were
the tiny chondrules on the exterior of the meteorite. I would encourage
any of the desert hunters to get a piece of this meteorite to help with
field identification. If I had not seen this meteorite and came across
one in the field I would have thrown it away without any hesitation.

Thanks,

Sonny