[meteorite-list] Meteorites on Mars

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 8 21:57:40 2006

Hi all -

If this were true we should be seeing more meteorites
on Mars - either that, or the MER teams aren't looking
for them - or wind blown dust has buried them -

In any case, they should be giving us surface ages for
Mars where the MERs are, and they aren't.

By the way, several years ago I spotted what I thought
was a tektite in the Pathfinder imagery - a 39k image
file, which I sent on to the list. (Sorry about that.)
 Since we've now seen Martian tektites - the
"blueberries", can we change that to meteorite, and
could I now get credit for spotting the first
meteorite on Mars -

I'm sure some people here have analyzed tangential
entry on Mars -

good hunting,
Ed