[meteorite-list] Chondrule NOT wasAD - New Rare EL3 Paleo-Meteorite - NWA 2828

From: Mr EMan <mstreman53_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 8 21:08:57 2006

Dear Steve Dunklee

A few years ago I would be more "touchy feely" in
addressing newbie questions but tonight I am out of
any supportive way to tell you that you may have the
lexicon right but, I can see you haven't taken the
Level 1 Sky Cadet Meteoritical Exam Module that
we all must pass to learn the secret handshake.
Seriously, while I actually did see where you were
going more or less, you need revisit the literature.
You've comingled so many un-mingleable concepts you
almost reach the standard set by Boggy Creeksters. I
like the poster to defend the ideas they put forward.
There are perhaps too many invalid assertions but I'll
bite.

Why do you think this is a chondrule? It isn't
chondrules in meteorites which are magnetic--except
when armored and this isn't the case here.

Why do you think water would transport taenite or
kamacite without producing iron oxide?

While I appreciate your attempts to place this speck
into some theory of extraterrestrial origin... one has
to do more than speed read "Catch a Fallen Star". The
part you did get right is that a fossil meteorite is
likely to have undergone some mineral and or
structural change. In my oppinion a paleometeorite
may have these factors also but is more likely to have
relict meteorite characteristics. However, neither is
likely the case here.

Sorry,
Elton

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sdunklee72520/detail?.dir=4ad5re2&.dnm=7076re2.jpg