[meteorite-list] NEW TIME! How To Observe SMART-1's Impact on theMoon

From: MexicoDoug <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 2 23:40:10 2006

Sterling:

Central & eastern times are later than Pacific, not earlier! The Moon will
be in the middle of Sagittarius's teapot and at 22 degrees elevation in the
skies of St. Louis MO at 12:41 - 12:43 AM CDT. That'll be pretty due south
of you. And it looks like you've changed the time by 2 minutes from what
Ron's news article said, since you made central time two hours earlier than
pacific when it is two hours later. So you should be ok. Yeah, they were
sloppy with the news article since they didn't put "PM" in the "10:41 (GMT
05:41)" comment, but all seems ok, and still waiting to happen tonight.
Clear skies, Doug