[meteorite-list] NEW TIME! How To Observe SMART-1's Impact on the Moon

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Sep 2 23:15:33 2006

Hi,

    The crash did not occur at 1041 PDT (0841 CDT, 0741 EDT).
    The correction to clear the crater, according to this source:
http://technocrat.net/d/2006/9/2/7440
and three others in the last hour or two, has delayed the impact
      until 01:43 AM SUN SEPT 3 EDT
which is 12:43 AM SUN SEPT 3 CDT
which is 11:43 PM SAT SEPT 2 PDT
which is 09:43 PM SAT SEPT 2 HAWAII
    This will also shift the areas from which it can be viewed to
the West. Where I am, the Moon will be below the horizon then.
    Good luck if you're trying to get a look at it!

Sterling K. Webb