[meteorite-list] Meteorites on the moon

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Sep 1 13:20:08 2006

>One small meteorite was recovered in the Apollo
>Program (Hadley Rill?).(Details anyone?) Didn't it
>possess impact pockmarks?

According to my Meteorites from A to Z (2nd ed.):
Bench Crater; CM1
Hadley Rille; EH

Already we're finding more than the "usual" L6 and H5s. However, being
exotics, would these rocks have stood out more than the usual Lunar
detritus? Both meteorites were pretty tiny, in the under 1g range; I expect
they were scooped up in a random sampling of the lunar surface rather than
being "hunted", i.e., "oh look, here's a meteorite!"

Tracy Latimer