[meteorite-list] Chondrule formation mechanism (Info Please)

From: Pete Pete <rsvp321_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Oct 25 14:33:03 2006

I think I may have misinterpreted this, Darren:

>>as for
the actual flecks of metal themselves, I think that they are concentrated by
whatever mechanism it is that melts the chondrules-- like oil seperating
from
water, the iron/nickel seperated from the silicates (and that is more
apparent
in armored chondrules).

You meant that they were separated at a minute scale -
chondrule-and-fleck-size, right?
Not on a vast measure, as in kilometers plus.

Disregard my "remix" question.

Cheers,
Pete