[meteorite-list] living near a strewfield

From: ted brattstrom <volcanoted_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Oct 23 19:03:36 2006

Aloha -

  When I lived on that other island (Oahu) I was within 2-3km of the Palolo touchdown point, (since I lived in Palolo Valley) and it must have been within 10-15 km of the Honolulu meteorite strewn field.

  Since I live on the Big Island, no one has found / identified a meteorite here - difficult due to the problem of looking for black rocks on black rocks - or rocks in dense rainforest... They must be out there :-)

  Cheers - ted - from the rocking and rolling island.