[meteorite-list] Portales Valley Q

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Oct 21 13:28:54 2006

Does anyone on the list know the current status
of classification for Portales Valley? When it first
fell, I believe it was merely classified as (H6), which
I thought was insulting to one's logic. Then, I heard
the classification had been changed (about time). However,
I recently saw a Michael Cottingham card that read,
"(H7)?" That seemed to me to be, indeed, odd.
        So, does anyone KNOW?
        Also, is there a DIFFERENT classification for the
"low metal" vs "high metal" forms - or did the new
classification address that?
        I am sure many list members would be interested
to know.
        Thanks, Michael