[meteorite-list] AD: non-ebay Iron Remnants & a little historical ebay

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Oct 8 14:03:33 2006

Good evening list,

Chladni?s Heirs nuzzled in their boxes and found some nice but lonely iron
slices, which should be moved before the Munich show:

2 rare Aussies:

WARBURTON RANGE? ?
Western Australia, Australia
Find 1963
Tkw 57kg
Ni-rich ataxite,? IVB
34.1g ???74mm x 43mm? x 1.5 mm
700$

GUNDARING
Western Australia, Australia
Find May 1937
Tkw 112,5kg
Coarse Octahedrite (1.4mm) IIIAB
32.3g 69mm x 44mm x 1.5mm
640$

A classic fall, cheaply priced:

UDEI STATION
Benue river, Nigeria
Fall spring 1927
Tkw 102.5kg
Medium octahedrite with silicates IAB
55.2g 56mm x 56mm x 4 mm
300$
(5.5$/g - that stuff sells on dealer's pages at 7 - 15$/g, on ebay also at
15$, right Mirko?)

Furthermore

SANTIAGO PAPASQUIERO
Durango, Mexiko
Find 1958
Tkw 119.5kg
ungrouped ataxite, UNGR
29.1g 62mm x 38mm x 2 mm
250$

Ha, and I thought we had sold all, just repatriated the large slice to the
museum in Ste.Genevieve, but we forgot about a little last one,
hence last chance!

St.Genevieve County
one of only 8 IIIF.

19.06grams 44mm x 22mm x 2.5mm 12$/g

Furthermore because they sold so extremely fast and some were sad that they
missed out, we cut a few more budget-sized partslices of BOGUSLAVKA.
20$/g for >10grams, 25$/g for <10grams
Don't hesitate to long.
7.51g 29mm x 11mm x 4mm
9.29g 19mm x 16mm x4mm (without rim&crust)
10.22g 23mm x19mm x 4mm
29.74g 53mm x 24mm x 4mm

Finally for the ebay&micro afficionados:

In 2 hours are ending a nice slice of

DRAKE CREEK
The 5th US-Fall! Small tkw.

And the also difficult to get