[meteorite-list] status of the Noktat Addagmar meteorite and AD

From: Dr. Svend Buhl <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Oct 8 11:55:03 2006

Dear List,

wo would like to thank those of you that sent us replies concerning our request for additional information on the meteoritic material recently found at Noktat Addagmar/Morocco. Unfortunately it seems that fallfresh material with a very similar lithology was found in the close vicinity of the caravansary of Noktat Adagmar before June 30th 2006. This in mind the eye wittness reports claiming the date of the fall to be 2006 June 30 could not be confirmed.

Although the meteorites would obviously match a weathering grade W0 and despite the fact that a precise find location has been recorded we were not able to gather further information suffient for a fall submission. We have therefore decided not to submit Noktat Addagmar until the circumstances of the recovery of this pristine meteorite can be fully cleared.

We will keep our main mass of 591gm but we will separate with the two smaller fragments of 188gm and 420gm respectively that we managed to acquire. Collectors and curators with a small budget and foccused on entry shaped meteorite morphologies will appreciate that decision.

We have listed the two fragments on ebay at the following coordinates:

188 gm Noktat Addagmar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&item=200034439037&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

420 gm Noktat Addagmar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&item=200034442539&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Furthermore we take to liberty to include the link to a breathtaking unclassified 1.3 kg chondrite that was discovered by a shepherd near a seddlement named Imlili 10Km from El Argoub which is 90Km from Dakhla/Morocco on April 25, 2005.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200034434717&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:DE:1

To view more meteorite auctions by Niger Meteorite Recon please click "seller's other items"

Thanks for your support and your interest.

Svend

www.niger-meteorite-recon.de

P.S. by the way. Who of you folks will attend the the traditional Fliegerbraeu opening of the Munich [meteorite] fair?