[meteorite-list] The eBay $13,000,000 space rock

From: Fred Caillou Noir <fred_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Oct 4 17:09:32 2006

I also contacted this seller about item #300034369553 - METEORITE offered at ?7,000,000 starting price, saying that he will never have a single bid and I received the following reply:

'Of course when someone's grandaddy bought a large house his friends only jested that it might make a million one day. And of course you'ver NEVER seen a house advertised for ?1million or more......... '

Well,... humour...?

I do not know what ebay insertion fees have to be paid with such a starting price and do not want to use time counting, but it must be high! What kind of game is this?

Cheers

Frederic