[meteorite-list] ID cards

From: LITIG8NSHARK at aol.com <LITIG8NSHARK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:23:54 EST

Good day Folks,

Over the years I have received hundreds of different meteorite specimen cards
and certificates. The great variety added to the charm of the collection
and, whether the card was on copy paper or card stock, it was appreciated.
Occasionally I'd receive a specimen, or heaven forbid, several specimens without
any identification. I was then forced to go back to the auction page or contact
the errant seller to sort out what was what.

When I began to sell SNCs and (drooling), "Bessey Specks" of Calcalong Creek
(Lunar), I borrowed an idea from Rob Elliot and developed a nice looking
Certificate of Authenticity. Printed out on either glossy photo stock or photo
quality paper, it was about 3 1/2 by 8 inches and contained a fair amount of
information. It takes only a minute or two to fill in the certificate on the
computer, print it out in full color, sign it and place it in an envelope.

If anyone is running PrintShop on their computer I'd be happy to send the
Certificate file for your use/refinement. If you don't have print shop but would
like to see a JPG of the certificate I'll can forward that too. Just drop me
a line off-list.

Best Regards,

Paul Martyn