[meteorite-list] ID CARDS

From: Bob WALKER <qwalkra1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 21:16:08 +1000

Hi Listoids

Yep - ID Cardz

Its one of my pet hates too

There are many well respected and reputable dealers who don't provide any card so I suppose one view is that a flimsy piece of paper is better than none at all

One particular dealer sendz items in a lovely display case with a green sticker detailing the meteorite

You would tend to think that there should be a standard - sorta a sign of professional care and courtesy - gold standard is probably a semi decent display case and a card - i for one would be happy to pay a few bucks extra for this - maybe someone from the lofty portals of IMCA might care to issue a missive ?

In fact we should probably ask for this when we buy and pay the few extra bucks

If we dont ask for a card when we buy - should we be surprised when we dont get one ???

But it does show that some dealers care - the art of business is return business...

Ciao