[meteorite-list] Beauty and the Beast, Tulia (a) +/- Dimmitt

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 03:05:30 -0600

"As such, your specimen has a double Huss and Monnig provenance
and is a fine and extremely collectible historic specimen."

Thanks for your note Geoff. I have wondered about those blackened numbers
for a while now.

I meant Monnig rather then Nininger, but I did write Nininger on the second
numbered specimen meaning to, and looking at it again, it is not a Nininger
(American Meteorite Laboratory) specimen, but rather a Huss (American
Meteorite Laboratory) specimen.

Another side note: Dr. Elhman once mentioned to me once that Monnig
continued to purchase the Dimmitt stones from the finders because he was
afraid that if he turned down one stone, that word would get around he was
no longer buying meteorites.

I join Geoff in recommending a visit to the Monnig Gallery. I have been to
just about every large meteorite display in the United States (and a couple
outside) and I think the Monnig Gallery has one of the better displays and
collections. Monnig would be proud.

While Geoff didn't try to take any credit in his e-mail, the website
features some photographs by Geoff that are well worth your time.

http://www.monnigmuseum.tcu.edu

Clear Skies,
Mark