[meteorite-list] Re: Powellsville, Ohio unique OC AD: Ebay auction ending soon!

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Nov 11 08:44:03 2006

Dear List and Al,
  Al forgot important information about the
Powellsville, Ohio meteorite; it has been noted that
within the iron red crystals or inclusions have been
found. It has NOT been determined as to what the
crystals or inclusions are. Not all Powellsvile
specimens exhibit this rare occurrence.
  This is a unique meteorite and very little is
available to the market, as most all is tied up in
museums and serious private collection that are very
unlikely to part with it.
  Consider this information and bid if you are
interested in the collection a unique meteorite from
Ohio.
  Sincerely, Dirk Ross...Tokyo

--- almitt <almitt_at_kconline.com> wrote:

---------------------------------
    Hi Dirk,

I forgot how large your Powellsville was. It should be
much morevaluable because most of the material is now
tied up in largecollections (few) and I am sure they
won't cut unless it is for a tradeof other Ohio
Meteorites. My description was very accurate in
relayingthat but sometimes people think it is hype.
This probably makes yourpiece much more valuable
though.

I'll relay to you when I can get my charge card
capabilities back up.No I won't mention anything to
Jay but it is good to know about him aswe do business
together sometimes. I owe him a bit but it is on
areturn he cut and I am not happy about taking
something back that hasbeen cut. He was aware of this
when he purchased.

--AL Mitterling