[meteorite-list] Re: America’s Greatest Meteorite Hunter

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Nov 2 08:57:29 2006

Hi Bob and all,

Skip Wison is all the things you say he is but I would like to differ
with you just a bit and respectfully. I'd like to say for the present
time that he is the greatest living meteorite hunter. The reason for
this is that Harvey H. Nininger found 222 unique meteorites using his
formula for recovery. I realize that Skip has recovered most of his own
finds but Nininger was directly or indirectly responsible for finding
over 2,000 meteorites in his life time and was also responsible for the
recovery of other meteorites he didn't get credit for. Perhaps Skip will
overtake his record someday and be recorded as the meteorite hunter that
has recovered the most meteorites in our life time. Perhaps he will over
take Nininger's record in time. In the meantime I'd like to give
Nininger the credit he always deserves (I am sure you do) and keep our
eye on Skips recover efforts. More power to him!

Your comments always welcomed and appreciated.

--AL Mitterling