[meteorite-list] Impact Structures - Simple vs Complex?

From: Larry Lebofsky <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 17 13:26:23 2006

Hi all:

I know that I am responding to my own message, but now have hard numbers
(spoke to someone who actually knows what is happening).

1. The size of the transition from simple to complex craters goes as 1/g
(gravity), with a little having to do with the material.

Therefore:

2. The transitions:

Earth: 3 km
Mars: 7 km