[meteorite-list] Impact Structures - Simple vs Complex?

From: Larry Lebofsky <lebofsky_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Mar 16 18:08:34 2006

Hi Jeff:

It has been some time since I studied this (will ask around here at the Lunar
and Planetary Science Conference), but I think that it is basically: size
matters!

How big of a hole can you maintain in a bowl shape before gravity and the
strength of the material take over?

Larry

--
Dr. Larry A. Lebofsky