[meteorite-list] SOHO video feedback

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 19:29:22 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:11:01 +1100, you wrote:

>There were more failures than success. I guess it comes down to codecs.

I utterly LOATHE proprietary formats like Windows Media, Quicktime, and Real.
Stick with Divx or Xvid or similar products-- superior quality, superior
compression, superior and more extensive sets of free/cheap tools for working
with them.

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:11:01 +1100, you wrote:

>Does anyone know of a good movie clip joiner that is free ??

Virtualdub.

http://www.virtualdub.org/

Virtualdubmod (supports some formats that Virtualdub doesn't).

http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/

TMPGEnc

http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

Then, once you have the file made, you can convert it to DVD format with this:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/ConvertXtoDVD.htm

And not free but very reasonably priced, this is a easy to use but reasonably
powerful program for organizing and menu-ing your DVD formatted files:

http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

For more help, go to:

http://www.videohelp.com/