[meteorite-list] SOHO video feedback

From: Kevin Forbes <vk3ukf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Mar 12 19:11:08 2006

Hi folks,

thanks for all the feedback re the SOHO video.

There were more failures than success. I guess it comes down to codecs.

What a bugger.

I used windows movie maker to glue the clips together, I could not stop it
from changing the aspect ratio. It seemed the best at leaving the resolution
alone.

Does anyone know of a good movie clip joiner that is free ??

I'll try again, as well as placing the original NASA SOHO files online.

Cheers, Kevin. VK3UKF.

----------------
ORIGINAL FILE COMPLAINTS
------------
Hi Kevin,
It comes into Netscape as a text file.
Chauncey

-------------
It doen't work for me, I just get various strange letter characters. I usr
Firefox though so that could be the

problem. When I use IE my Real Player loads and I see the sun but the movie
only plays about 1/10 and quits.

David

------------
Kevin,

I manually saved the .wmv file to my hard drive (9K file). Attempted to
manually play video, with no success.

Given my previous attempt, it may be that the file downloaded OK, it just
didn't play.

Dave

------------
Hi Kevin,

It does not download for me (obvious, it doesn't play since it hasn't
downloaded).

Regards,

Dave

------------

Hi Kevin,

download works fine, and it plays OK,
but itīs a bit too fast playing to recognize details.

And I didnīt figure out how to slowmotion it yet.

Greetings
Stefan

------------

All I got was a very long page of html-like jibberish code...like chinese
writting.
Dave F.

------------

Hello,

Downloaded the file fine.

Double-clicked onthe file, which launched WinAmp (version 5.2).
Showed the sun in blue. The slide moved to the right as if the movie was
being played, the the image didn't change

until the very end when the image when very splotchy with large square
blocks similar in texture to the sun, but

scattered randomly around the image.

Double-clikced the file again, and this time it seemed to run normally with
spinning blue sun, spinning yellow sun,

spinning orange sun, and the the masked-out sun showing the coronasphere
which showed a couple of "puffs" on the left

just before the end of the movie.

Every time I run it now it works fine. Only had a problem the first time I
ran it.

Hope this helps.

Mark Abbott

------------

Kevin,

It seemed like it was loading but Windows media player would not play it.

Dan

------------

I wasn't able to get it to play in either foxfire or IE. but maybe thats my
machine...been acting up

Kevin,

It didn't work for me.

- John

Hi Kevin,

Your video downloaded and played start to finish just fine on my
computer!!

Regards,
Steve