[meteorite-list] An interesting (?) Chinese tektite

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 11:40:10 2006

Mark,
  Save your time. As I stated earlier this is due to
a chemical reaction by perhaps a natural process
(alkaline salts) or a man caused chemical process.
The devitrification process (a weathering process) is
similar that you see on old glass bottles that have
been buried or in alkaline salt environments and
nothing to do with heat. Please do a google search
for more details. Best, Dirk