[meteorite-list] Any interesting (?) Chinese tektite

From: Kevin Forbes <vk3ukf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 09:39:20 2006

Hi Mark and list,
within the last 6 months, on eBay, someone was selling large Chinese
tektites that were translucent with a purple tinge, I never managed to
obtain one though. The specimens photos were taken in front of a bright
light to allow you to see the colour coming through from behind. Some areas
of the stones were darker and appeared black, with some of the more
translucent areas appearing as purple blobs and steaks. In other words, it
was not homogenous.

Did anyone else see these, or manage to win one at auction ?

Can anyone confirm that they were the ridgi didg item ?

Cheers, Kevin. VK3UKF.