[meteorite-list] Red Rain From Comets?

From: mark ford <markf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Mar 7 04:29:05 2006

Hi,

Fair point about the fact that known algae should reproduce with ease,
there are of course some 'cells' which don't have DNA in them
(ironically red blood cells if I remember rightly?) and I would always
assume something is much more likely to be 'unknown terrestrial' rather
than unknown extraterrestrial!!! (Although the references throughout
history to this - some of which hint at meteor type events are
'interesting').

And just found out that this weeks 'New Scientist magazine' has blood
rain on the front cover (no, not literally!) haven't read it yet, but it
indicates that an important announcement is on the horizon...

I too am a little puzzled as to why more intense further analysis hasn't
been (or made public) so far carried out, rather than just the almost
school boy level' tests that seem to have been undertaken so far, surely
we must at least know if it is animal vegetable or mineral after several
years.

What ever the case, extraterrestrial claims require extraordinary proof
imho.

 MF