AW: [meteorite-list] Whole individual

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Mar 1 17:42:52 2006

Everything, what obtained its shape during and from flight, is an
individual.
Everything what obtained its rough shape on ground (break-off while impact,
wheathering, wind blast)is a fragment.

Exception: Break-off in low altitudes (Tatahouine, Some Sikhotes, ect..).
Exception 2: Irons. Everything, which is not a shrapnel or has a cut
surface, people call "individual".

Common use today: All stones are called individuals, as long as they have no
larger fresh fractured portions (that means: broke off yesterday) of the
surface. See ebay.

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----