[meteorite-list] Whole individual

From: Pat Brown <radio_ranch_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Mar 2 00:05:59 2006

Hi Listees..

I consider an individual to be the meteoroid body that
traversed the atmosphere for long enough to create
crust and sculpt the surface with flight markings,
flow lines, rounded edges etc.

A fragment is a broken part of an individual. The
fragmentation can happen as a result of striking the
ground or can happen in the atmosphere at a low enough
altitude and velocity that further crust formation or
flight marking are not possible.

Comments? Reactions? Rants?

Best Regards,
           crusty