[meteorite-list] Uncut NWA's - Does the exterior disclose

From: Walter L. Newton <newtonw2_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 30 18:40:18 2006

Doug

I will have to admit, you have a way with words. I have noticed that since
the first day I visited this sight.

But as always, you totally have missed my point (I've noticed that too).

I would imagine this list exists for the purpose of LEARNING about the
subject of meteorites. My question was intended to solicit information that
would add to my meager knowledge of this subject.

I wasn't out just to state the obvious.

So, Oh Great One. How do the finders, dealers etc, everyone but the poor
collector, look at a batch of NWA's and decide which ones will be held on to
and which ones end up on Ebay?

Let's play a game. Doug is in Morocco, some local has a basket of NWA's (say
5 kg) and Doug buys them. (Now this gets tricky).

HOW DOES DOUG DECIDE WHICH STONES TO KEEP AND WHICH STONES TO THROW TO
WALTER, WITHOUT OUT MAKING AN END CUT IN EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM?

Does Doug look for something about the exterior that may indicate a clue to
the "innards?"

I'm waiting with baited breath (or is that bad breath) and my finger on the
Ebay button for your answer. Keep it in simple language. For my obvious
sake, please don't use words bigger than "pits."

Walter L. Newton
Golden, Co