[meteorite-list] Dealers and their duty

From: star-bits_at_comcast.net <star-bits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 29 20:07:18 2006

    Hey I'll fess up, I am the dealer in question. I find feedbacks to be a pain in the butt, a waste of time and in the grand scheme of things virtually worthless. As a result I do feedbacks in a big batch every 2-3 months (sometimes longer).

    When I am buying it doesn't matter to me if the seller has a feedback rating of 15 or 150 or 15,000. If I look at a feedback it is only to look at the negatives to see why they were given, I don't bother looking at any of the positives at all. I pay zero attention to who has or has not given me feedback and rarely look at my own feedback.

    Walter Newton's emails have been a whole lot politer than some who seem to feel that because they gave me a positive feedback that I "owed" them one in return, immediately. I don't ask for feedbacks and just because someone gives me one there is no requirement or "duty" on my part to respond in kind. However I usually do - eventually. Yes, I know that if I did feedbacks more frequently I wouldn't get emails nagging me to reciprocate for the feedback they gave me. What can I say, sometimes the emails prod me into doing a batch of feedbacks and sometimes they don't. Repeated emails are guaranteed never to get me in the mood to do feedbacks.

    As far as loading 20+ auctions on monday, since moving to North Carolina I have no paying job and eBay pays the house mortgage. That makes loading things on eBay a priority, even over getting the house squared away. It puts feedback way down on the list well below mowing the lawn, something I did the other day for the first time in 12 years and which needs doing again.

    Hang in there Walter, I will get to them eventually.

--
Eric Olson
http://www.star-bits.com
>I have sent him numerous emails, but no feedback yet. It's been over 3
>weeks
>since the auction.
this might seem overly harsh, but I would think that maybe he hasnt left
feedback because he thinks you are pestering him on the issue. 'numerous
emails' seems to be a bit above and beyond the call for wanting feedback
posted within a 3 week timespan. I could understand if he never sent you
your purchase, but all those mails just because he never left feedback?
just from my own perspective, as both a buyer and seller on ebay i normally
leave feedback in large groups. maybe once a month, or even longer depending
on my useage. Also dont forget that 3 weeks is still well within the time
period where you might decide you arent happy with the transaction and it
could go belly up. feedback should be left when both parties are happy with
how the deal concluded. 3 weeks may be too soon for the seller to feel safe
in doing this.
just my 2 cents.>