[meteorite-list] Ebay is ripping everybody off at least once! (OT)

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 29 19:00:34 2006

>As all this was going on my auctions ended and I lost LOTS of money to low
>bids and no bids. Some of my specimens went for .99 and were worth 10 times
>that or more.

I've sold maybe 500 or more auctions on ebay - and i'm a little guy by far.
And yet i have never seen the phenomina you mention and i always keyword
search my own listings to see what other comperable stuff is going for.

but let's look at this for a second.
the insertioin fee for a .99$ item is .20$
final value fee for a 10$ item is 5.25% of the closing cost or .53$

so if there is some problem with ebays search engine it's costing them final
value fees that are two and a half times what they are getting for your
listing fee.

doesnt sound like too logical of a nefarious plot on ebay's part to get rich
quick by 'stealing' insertion fees.