[meteorite-list] [AD] Major Update, Expedition Photos, Goodies

From: Notkin <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 8 12:44:50 2006

Dear Listees:

Saturday morning greetings from Tucson. We're in the middle of our
"Monsoon" season here, and that means thunderstorms every afternoon.
Very exciting, and also very different from when you all come out to
visit us in February.

I'd like to share some site updates and additions with you.

I've been working on a new meteorite-hunting photo project for some
weeks. I have collected my best/favorite expedition photographs from
1994 to the present and compiled them into an extensive gallery,
complete with location and camera notes. Many of these photos were
taken on film, rather than digital, so they had to be sorted, scanned
and prepared for the web. It took a while : )

The first half of the Expedition Scrapbook is complete and it includes
Imilac, Vaca Muerta, Popigai Crater (Siberia), Brenham (pt. 1), Meteor
Crater, Alamo Breccia and others:

http://www.aerolite.org/scrapbook.htm

The second gallery will include Park Forest adventure, Brenham (pt. 2),
Glorieta Mountain, Franconia, Mohave lake beds and others. I'll post
again when that's complete.

I've also added a "News and Adventures" page which has info about the
Travel Channel documentary, ABC News appearance, etc.:

http://www.aerolite.org/news.htm

Finally, I have lots of new goodies in the sale catalogue. Of
particular note:

- Some large, complete SAU 001 individuals. These have rich black
fusion crust, and are nothing like the rusty, pitted ones I've often
seen at shows. These are the nicest SAUs I've come across:

http://www.aerolite.org/sau-special.htm Cheap! $1/gram or less.

- Great new Campo del Cielos with EXCELLENT character (groovy shapes,
thumbprints, spikes, hooks, scoops -- you name it), Sikhote-Alin
shrapnel with original patina, AA quality Sikhote-Alin individuals and
more, here:

http://www.aerolite.org/iron-meteorites.htm

All domestic orders placed by midnight PST on Sunday receive free
shipping (free shipping on smaller orders overseas too).

If you're not shopping, I hope you enjoy the photos.

Thanks for looking.

Geoff N.
www.aerolite.org