[meteorite-list] Steve Schoners Naoh-Method- Anti Rust

From: Gi-po Meteorites <Carsten.Giessler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 26 03:18:06 2006

Hello List,

i have a piece of a rusty iron meteorite, and with this piece i want
to tryout Steve Schoner's Lawrencite anti-rust treatment as a test.

I have the description how to do it, but i have a question
because of the components that i need.
There is the "lye" Red Devil mentioned, pure white sodium hydroxide.
I have a granulate of "Natriumhydroxide" here, but this is not pure
white Sodium hydroxide, there are also anorganic salts in this product.
(For the german list members: It's a Rohrreiniger :))

Can i use this, or do anybody know where to get "Red Devil" lye or a
alternative product in germany?

Isopropanol, i think it's 96%, will also work?

Many greetings,

Carsten