[meteorite-list] Tucson Meteorite Auction

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jan 22 02:41:49 2006

Greetings all,
            Those wishing to enjoy the total Tucson Auction experience
should be sure to get to the VFW Hall no later than 5:30 PM to check
out the items, then at 6:00 PM, the lectures offered by the U. of A. SW
Meteorite Center, then at 7:05 PM the Gold Basin Birthday Cake provided
by Twink and Larry Monrad and Jim Kriegh and then the auction bidding
begins at 7:30 PM sharp.
        Also, it should be noted that very few items in the auction have
a minimum bid - and NONE of them have a reserve (a reserve is similar
to a minimum bid, but you are not told what it is - I do not permit
reserves).
        Food and drink will be available at the no host bar - drink all
evening and food from at least 5:30 to 8:30.
        Lastly, it should be noted that those unable to attend and wanting
to place absentee bids should do so within the next 72 hrs or so. It will
not be long before I leave for Tucson. So far, there have only been a half
dozen or so absentee bids - and there are about 100 items with NO minimum!
There should be hundreds of absentee bids under such circumstances,
as you never know what might win you a killer specimen or two - or more.
Last year, several people made great absentee buys. Please email or call
me now, as it is far more difficult when people phone in bids once I am
in Tucson and all the paperwork has been prepared - though, I will
accommodate such callers. Things get a bit confusing when working with
hand written notes, however, and more than one person did not get their
bid placed due to such confusion last year. This is unfortunate for all
concerned. I try to leave San Diego with ALL the paperwork in order,
so, getting your bids in now will maximize the likelihood of your bid
being properly handled. I confirm all email absentee bids.
        This is going to be a blast and I am looking foreword to the U of A
talks, the birthday cake, the auction and especially to seeing everyone
who is going to be able to make it.
        Mike Farmer's post about tents being up and going to his room
started the blood flowing....I'M GETTING' TUCSON FEVER!
        Best wishes, Michael Blood

--
"He is not a lover who does not love forever." - Euripides (485-406BC)