[meteorite-list] Term Main Mass

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 20 02:06:49 2006

I respectfully disagree with the below statement, the List seems to be
divided on its usage therefore it is not currently accepted. I feel safer
using the old established definition of the term Main Mass rather than the
new selectively used definition. I think the term "The largest specimen
under this particular nomenclature" would more accurate in describing the
smaller pairings than "Main Mass."

>The term main mass is not a difficult concept. In its currently accepted
usage it is context dependent.<

Take Care,

Adam