[meteorite-list] If I can choose.....! => Norton County Aubrite

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 25 13:20:51 2006

Hello Steve and List,

"how much of that is actually outside of their main mass and in private collections?"

A modest but choice 4.1 grams in my collection -- purchased from the Zeitschels
in September 1987.

Talking about what aubrites are worth, when I got my 4.1 grams from Walter Zeitschel,
I paid 100 German Marks. In September 1987, one US dollar was about DM 1.81, which
equalled about $56 in 1987, almost 20 years ago. If I compare the price of my piece
with the ones Mike Farmer has on his website (beautiful ones with crust!), it would now
cost $205 - mine doesn't have crust which probably reduces its price ... well, so I guess
I would have to pay about $150-180 nowadays. Not too bad, ... but you all know I don't
collect meteorites because of what they are worth in money but for their beauty and their
extraterrestrial provenance.

Cheers,

Bernd