AW: [meteorite-list] Best ALH84001 Meteorite Book

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 20 10:49:15 2006

Hello Martion and list,

Martin asked, "It would be interesting to know, how collectors & dealers
would estimate a
gram price for ALH84001 if it would be available."

I would think ALH84001, would be worth more then any other meteorite for
several reasons. 100 or so front page newspaper articles the last few
years, its a planetary meteorite and even more important, there is the
strong possibility the rock has fossils in it. The latter still being
debated, but the people working on the meteorite have proven that the
meteorite has a wet history and to sum it up, that those fossils should be
there. So what should it retail at?

First that would depend on how much made it to market. If we can assume
that 20 grams, were sold off to collectors, to help fund NASA's space plane
they will be building someday, then I would guestimate $10,000 a gram.

Buckleboo....no clear skies today,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
www.meteoritearticles.com