[meteorite-list] Membrane Boxes

From: stan . <laser_maniac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Feb 11 23:32:52 2006

i dont think many people complain about the small ones - but the 20 or 30$
ones really get me - especially since the plastic used scratches pretty darn
easily. they should make the boxes out of the same stuff used for the
security devices on DVDs.. that junk is indestrucable. sure a 30$ box used
to house a 1 kg moon rock isnt that big a deal, but if you have a big
collection with hundreds of pieces the size of the larger boxes thats
thousands of $ worth of plastic that probably cost less than a value meal at
mickie d's to make. plastic that will VERY quickly show the signs of wear
and tear unless you stash all of your space rocks in a safe deposit box some
place and only visit them once in a blue moon.

just my two cents...