[meteorite-list] Experts Split Over Photo Of 'Meteor' in England

From: GeoZay at aol.com <GeoZay_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:49:58 EST

>>The incident, which took place about one mile south of Penicuik near to
Ravensneuk Farm, lasted about ten minutes from 8.30am on Monday morning.<<

>>Professor John Peacock, of the Institute for Astronomy at the University
of Edinburgh, said: "It is probably a meteor fireball - quite a rare and
spectacular example, and well worth publishing."<<

Lasting ten whole minutes? Could have been a speeding weather balloon? :O)
Actually, my money is on the contrails of an airliner before I even think it
could have been a meteor. If he fudged the time frame some, due to
excitement, could have been an entering satellite also...But a meteor, no way.
George Zay