[meteorite-list] LARGE fireball report!

From: Michael Farmer <meteoriteguy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 14:51:52 -0800 (PST)

I just landed in Dallas and want to report a
spectacular fireball! I was sitting on the flight out
of Tokyo and about 1 hour out ~8:15 pm Tokyo time, I
saw what I thought was another airplane outside. I was
watching a movie in First Class (the seats turn and
face the windows is why I mention that, so the TV is
actully lift up in front of the window) and I saw a
flash and light. I looked out and it was an incredible
fireball traveling north by east, apparently with the
airplane as it moved much slower than it would have
obviously to someone on the ground. It was bright
green and never broke up. It was traveling at a very
low angle.
Simply amazing that it would catch my attention while
watching a movie in a bright airplane interior.
I spoke to the pilots later and they were excited
about it, of course they saw it in all it's glory. One
told me that he sees one like that once or twice a
year.
Too bad it was over the Pacific Ocean with no chance
of impact (except maybe a container ship)! That would
be really cool, and worth a small fortune.
Mike Farmer