[meteorite-list] the new brazilian meteorite

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 12:01:02 +0100

Hello List, Anne, Svend, Mike, Steve...

Happy to learn the recent history of the remaining 10 kg of Santa Vitoria
(potentially available to collectors).
I am the happy owner of a 446 g full slice of Santa Vitoria, recently got
from Blaine. Extraordinary and showy pattern. Price not so far from the
~$3.00 gram, as Mike anounced (the gram price is indeed more favorable for
higher weights).
I also got a small very nice thin slice in Ensisheim, from Hans Koser who
got it from Svend.
I am keeping both in collection as they show complementary characteristics.
Don't have pictures on hand but here are the descriptions (from my catalog):

SANTA VITORIA DO PALMAR (R.G. Sul, Brasil, L3)(S3/4W2), fell 1997 (?),
found: 2003-04.
25x25x3 mm partly crusted part slice (weight ?) involving a 12x8 mm tan
clast composed of (almost ?) pure olivine. Detailed history on B?hl's web
site. Updated in MB # 91. TKM: 4 at 50.36 kg. Ref coll: HK 06/478

SANTA VITORIA DO PALMAR (R.G. Sul, Brasil, L3)(S3/4W2), fell 1997 (?),
found: 2003-04.
195x155x4 mm full slice, 446.0 g, crust all around, composed of (mostly)
magenta-red chondrules, some metal-armored & various clasts. Very colorful
pattern. Ref. coll: BR 06/345

Just to stimulate the discussions...oh yes, Svand's article in "Meteorite"
but especially his web site are so very imformative!

Best wishes,

Zelimir

A 15:54 11/12/2006 -0500, Impactika at aol.com a ?crit :